For the week of November 11, 2013, the streetcar will continue installation of rail and proceed with track construction near Findlay Market. The Maintenance & Operations Facility site will begin a two-week process of installing new sewers as backfilling nears completion. As part of the city’s construction contract, the project is also involved with repairing public utilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Rail delivery and installation will continue on Elm Street, between 15th and Wade streets.
- Concrete base work for the track will continue on Elm Street, between 12th and Wade streets.
- Existing pavement removal will start on Elm Street, between Wade and Green streets.
- Backfilling for the Maintenance & Operations Facility will continue at Henry & Race streets.
- Storm sewer work will continue in the Maintenance & Operations Facility site; and on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- Replacement of granite pavers will continue on Elm Street, in front of Music Hall.
- The Elm Street entrance to Washington Park Garage will be open again.
PUBLIC UTILITY IMPROVEMENTS AS PART OF STREETCAR CONSTRUCTION:
- New sewer installation will continue on Elm Street, near Elder and Findlay streets; and on Race Street, between Central Parkway and 13th Street.
- Sewer work will take place on Main Street and 8th Street in the Central Business District and on Henry Street and Race Street in Over-the-Rhine.
- Water main installation will continue on Walnut Street, between 9th Street and Central Parkway. Work will start further down Walnut, between 7th and 9th streets; and on Elm, near Elder and Findlay.
- Conduit installation for traffic signals (tubing for electrical wires) will resume on Race Street, near Elder and Green streets.
- Underground gas work will be performed by Duke Energy on Main Street near 4th Street; on Race Street near Findlay Street; and on Race Street, between Liberty and Green streets.
- Underground electrical work will also be conducted by Duke on 12th Street between Vine and Race streets.
- Telecomm work will occur on Elm Street, from Green to Wade streets; on Race Street, between 14th and 15th streets; on Race at Green; and on Race Street near Central Parkway.
- Exploratory digging for utilities will start on 2nd Street, between Main and Walnut streets.