For the week of November 4, 2013, the streetcar will have of a lot of highly visible progress on both the trackwork and at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site. As part of the city’s construction contract, the project is also involved with repairing public utilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Rail delivery and installation will start on Elm Street between 14th and 15th streets.
- Concrete base work for the track will continue on Elm Street between 12th and Wade streets.
- Replacement of the cobblestones will take place on the east half of Elm Street.
- Storm sewer installation, backfilling, and pavement removal for the Maintenance & Operations Facility will continue at Henry and Race streets.
PUBLIC UTILITY IMPROVEMENTS AS PART OF STREETCAR CONSTRUCTION:
- Underground gas work will be conducted by Duke Energy on Race Street between Liberty and Green streets; on Walnut Street near 3rd Street; and on Main Street near 4th Street.
- Storm sewer work will begin on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- Water main installation will continue on Walnut Street between 9th Street and Central Parkway.
- Traffic control conduit (tubing for electrical wires) installation will continue on Elm Street between Wade and Green streets; and on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- New sewer installation will continue on Elm Street near Green and Elder streets.
- Underground electrical work will also be conducted by Duke on 12th Street near Vine and Race streets.
- Telecommunications work will occur on Elm Street between Wade and Green streets; on Race Street between 15th and Liberty streets; and on Walnut Street near 6th Street.