For the week of October 28, 2013, the streetcar will have of a lot of highly visible progress on both the trackwork and at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site. As part of the city’s construction contract, the project is also involved with repairing public utilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Trackwork will continue on Elm Street between 12th and Wade streets.
- Backfilling and pavement removal for the Maintenance & Operations Facility will continue at Henry and Race streets.
- Existing pavement removal will continue on Elm Street between 15th and Wade streets.
PUBLIC UTILITY IMPROVEMENTS AS PART OF STREETCAR CONSTRUCTION:
- Water main installation will continue on Walnut Street near Court Street.
- New sewer installation will continue on Elm Street between Wade and Green streets.
- Additional sewer work will take place on Race Street between Henry and Findlay streets.
- Underground gas work will be performed by Duke Energy on Main Street near 4th Street; on Walnut Street near 3rd Street; on Race Street near Henry Street; and on Race Street between Liberty and Green streets.
- Underground electrical work will also be performed by Duke on 12th Street between Main and Elm streets; and on Race Street near 12th Street.
- Cincinnati Bell will perform its infrastructure work on Elm Street between Henry and Liberty streets.
- Conduit installation (tubing for electrical wires) for traffic signals will continue on Elm Street between Wade and Green streets; and on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- Exploratory digging for utilities will start on Main Street near 4th Street