For the week of October 21, 2013, the streetcar will have of a lot of highly visible progress on both the trackwork and at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site. As part of the city’s construction contract, the project is also involved with repairing public utilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Rail delivery and installation will continue on Elm next to Washington Park.
- Backfilling will continue at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site. Storm sewer work, sidewalk removal and asphalt removal will begin.
- Existing pavement removal will continue on Elm Street between 14th and Wade streets.
PUBLIC UTILITY IMPROVEMENTS AS PART OF STREETCAR CONSTRUCTION:
- New sewer installation will continue on Elm at Liberty Street.
- New water main installation will continue on Walnut from Central Parkway to 9th Street.
- Drains on Elm from 12th to 15th streets will continue with undercutting, proof-rolling, & concrete base work.
- Underground gas line work will be conducted by Duke Energy on Race Street near Liberty.
- Underground electrical work will be conducted by Duke Energy on 12th at Vine Street; and on Race near 12th Street.
- Cincinnati Bell will perform work on Elm between Green and Findlay.
- Conduit installation (tubing for electrical wires) for traffic signals will continue on Elm just north of Liberty; and on Race near 12th Street. Work will resume on Race near Findlay Street.
- Exploratory digging for utilities will continue on Elm just north of Liberty. Work will resume on Race near Findlay Street