- They are fast. They lead the traffic parade.
- The cars are spacious. They are designed for comfort.
- Street cars are entirely free from fumes of gas or hot breath of burning oil.
- Ventilation is positive, but pleasant.
- Safety is insured by rugged stability.
- In an age of jazz and jiggle, the car ride is a smooth relaxing glide.
- Noise has been eliminated, permitting a quietness that is almost unbelievable.
- Reading, writing or studying is easy on the new cars. Time used is time saved.
- Lighting is perfectly designed for comfort and ease in reading. While ample, the glare is gone.
- No lurching and swaying. The cars start and stop with agreeable efficiency.
- They use little street space. One car seating 53 passengers takes the place of 33 automobiles ~ in rush hour traffic it replaces 50.
- “Channelized traffic” is the best answer to the congestion problem. The street car follows a very definite channel, steel rails. It is the one known factor in a busy street. You know where it will go.
*From a 1930’s Cincinnati Street Railway Advertisement